Electric Fire Destroys Two Houses in Diktel, Khotang

Electric Fire Destroys Two Houses in Diktel, Khotang

Khotang: Early Wednesday morning, in Diktel Rupakot Majhuwagadhi Municipality, ward number 12, Jalpa, two houses fell victim to a devastating fire sparked by a power outage.

At approximately 1:30 am, the flames erupted, consuming the residences of Bhim Rai and his father, Bhagat Rai. Bhagat Rai’s two-story dwelling, crafted from zinc sheets, was tragically reduced to ashes.

Among the losses were stored grains, clothing, important documents, and various personal effects. Inspector Benu Karki, the spokesperson for the Khotang District Police Office, approximates the damage to Bhagat Rai’s property at around three lakhs.

Bhim Rai’s similarly structured two-story abode also topped with a zinc sheet roof, suffered significant harm in the blaze, as reported by the authorities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *